Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hello fellow bloggers!



Hi everyone! I’m Julie and I'm a Music Education student at Rhode Island College. I grew up in a small, rural town in Connecticut. While it’s a friendly community and I’ve made lots of close friends there, I’m excited to explore life away from the cows and cornfields and experience college life while living on campus in Providence. Ever since I started playing the flute in 5th grade, I’ve had a passion for music and all things creative, so having the chance to take my dedication for the arts and turn it into a full-time career is sort of a dream come true for me. When I’m not in class, rushing to class, or doing homework for class, I’m practicing my flute, singing or humming along with my favorite songs (or film scores!) or watching my favorite movies or musicals (anything Disney is fantastic!). If I have time, I also love sewing, dancing, and baking cookies with my sister. I started this blog for my class, FNED 346 - Schooling in a Democratic Society. I’m excited for this class and can’t wait to see what we will discover about teaching and while tutoring in the elementary schools this semester. I’m looking forward to blogging along with all of you!

-Julie J

No comments:

Post a Comment